Jhalana Leopard Safari
Jhalana is spread over 20sq km covered with the city on all sides and houses a healthy population of over 20 leopards in the tourist zone. Leopards are the apex predator here and live like tigers and therefore resulting in good sightings. 10 open Gypsies ply in the park in two shifts one in the morning and the other in the evening. Jhalana : Must Visit Place in Jaipur A open gypsy safari to see the most elusive cat in the wild is a Lifer experience you will witness at…
Jhalana is spread over 20sq km covered with the city on all sides and houses a healthy population of over 20 leopards in the tourist zone. Leopards are the apex predator here and live like tigers and therefore resulting in good sightings. 10 open Gypsies ply in the park in two shifts one in the morning and the other in the evening.
Jhalana : Must Visit Place in Jaipur
A open gypsy safari to see the most elusive cat in the wild is a Lifer experience you will witness at ease. Spotting a leopard is tough job in the wild but in Jhalana it’s relatively easy. The park is right in the heart of the city and its very easy to fill in any itinerary as the safari is just 2.30hours. You can reach here in one hour max from any hotel within the pinkcity. Best recommended for travelers who are senior citizens, travelers with small children, wildlife photographers, nature enthusiasts, Woman travelers, Sole travelers, Adventure seekers etc. It’s a small area with a good number of leopards and it’s within the city so you save a lot of time in traveling unlike other sanctuaries and if you are lucky you might see a leopard in just 5minutes after the entry.
Departure Time07:00 AM / 03:15 PM
Return Time09:30 AM / 05:45 PM
Plan your Tour to Jhalana
What to See in Jhalana
How to reach
- Wear Jungle Colors ,i.e, shades of khaki brown or green which blend with the environment well.
- Keep a reasonable distance from all animals. The more the distance the more time you will get to see the animals. Also disturbed animals may be provoked to attack.
- Treat the sanctuary with respect. It is natures finest creations. If you are in a vehicle, bear in mind that the wild animals have the right of way in the sanctuary.
- Use Dustbin provided in the Gypsy.
- Wear Comfortable walking shoes or sport shoes.
- Wear Cotton clothes during summers. In summers the temperatures might reach upto 45degrees. Wearing A Hat and shades may give you a added advantage to beat the heat.
- Wear Woolen Jackets, Gloves During winters as the temperature reach upto 15degrees. Ear Muffs and gloves are recommended from Children.
- Carry your Umbrella’s and raincoats During the rainy season.
- Keep silence and have reduced movements. Leopards are very intelligent and shy animals and even a slight movement might disturb the animal and you may be deprived of continued watching of the animal.
- Make checklists of creatures observed on a trip. Please take a memoir back home.
- Do keep outside influences as far as possible outside the reserve. Keep the
- Mobiles in Flight / Switch off mode and hear how the Jungles speaks and has its own language.
- Do Not get out of the vehicle while watching wildlife. Getting out of the vehicle is a punishable offence.
- Do Not wear Bright colors as they are too conspicuous and tend to scare animals.
- Do Not go near a bird nest.
- Do Not Shout inside the reserve.
- Do not feed the animals or birds inside the sanctuary. Wild animals don’t require your food.
- Do Not Smoke or drink inside the Sanctuary.
- Do Not Litter on the forest floor.
- Do Not Tease Wild Animals
- Do Not Wear perfumes. Alien sounds and smell may startle them.
- Do not use Flash in camera.
- Pets are not allowed inside the Park.